Home and School Association (HSA)
Welcome families to the 2017-2018 St. Patrick School year. The Home and School Association would like to invite you to join us in making a difference this school year.
Goodies with Grownups – Students can invite 1 or 2 grownups to share donuts and refreshments
- Grades K-3 on Friday, May 18, 2018 from 7:45 AM – 8:15 AM in the St. Patrick School Gym
Past Social Events
- Everyone had a fun time at our first Paint Night, on Saturday April 21. Thank you to all the HSA Committee members and especially to Mrs. Abbassi for all your work to make such a fun social night! We look forward to future Painting events (stay tuned for Mommy and Me Paint time…).
- Young and old alike enjoyed a sweet breakfast together at Goodies with Grownups on Friday, April 13, 2018. Thank you to all who were able to join us.
- Thanks to the many of you who came out for the Family Skate Night on Sunday, February 18, we all had a super time of friendship and fellowship! We had a great turn out and look forward to maybe doing it again sometime.
Unfortunately, the Kids Praise 2 Program JOY-FULLIEST NOISE!? has been cancelled. If you have any questions about the program email Jen Simmerman at firstname.lastname@example.org .
What is the HSA?
At St. Patrick school, the “Home and School Association” (HSA) has been the name of the group (much like the PTA at other schools) that provides fundraising to support the school and teachers’ needs, a venue for parents and teachers to discuss home-and-school ideas, and a group that strives to provide activities to build community between our homes, the school, and the parish.
Who is HSA?
YOU! The St. Patrick Home and School Association is a group made up of any St. Patrick school parents/guardians and the school’s teachers and faculty. We want to invite YOU to enrich your students’ school experience by participating and volunteering in any Home and School meetings, activities, and volunteer opportunities. This group provides you the opportunity to voice your concerns and opinions, share your talents, and to give encouragement.
PRESIDENT – Emily Fox
VICE-PRESIDENT – Shannon Leavery
ASSISTANT VICE-PRESIDENT – Kimi Zifchak
COMMUNICATIONS & TECHNOLOGY COORDINATOR – Julie Jalics
SECRETARY – Erin Tillson
TREASURER – Casey Lindow
Calendar – Meetings and Events for 2017-2018
The Home and School Association meetings are several time a year, starting at 6:30 p.m. and finished before 7:30 p.m., usually in the Church Hall.
Meetings Minutes for 2017-2018
The meeting minutes from our bimonthly meetings are listed below. We encourage you to take a look at them, especially if you were not able to join us, so you are informed of the many wonderful plans we have for our school:
What are our main fundraisers?
* Candy Sales * * BiAnnual Silent Auction * * Raffles*
What are some of the events supported by the HSA?
* St. Patrick School Directory * Field Day food * Eighth Grade Graduation Presents * English Festival* * Classroom Startup Funds * Ohio Music Education * Teacher/Staff Appreciation * Class Trips * Catholic Schools Open House * Rigatoni Dinner * Playground improvements * Character Education* * School Safety Programs * Extracurricular School Events *
HSA Volunteer Opportunities
We need YOUR help to make St. Patrick’s a great school! There are many opportunities throughout the school year to help the school and HSA. Click on the link below to look through the form and discern how you can best share your gifts and talents to enrich the St. Patrick School community. Thank you for sharing your time! Someone will contact you with further information.
**Note: The Diocese of Youngstown requires all volunteers coming into contact with students to attend a VIRTUS Child Protection in-service class. This will be offered on various dates in parishes throughout the diocese. Go to www.virtusonline.org and register online to find the available classes. You must pre-register for classes at St. Patrick’s by calling Linda Kavalec in the St. Patrick Religious Education Office at (330) 677-4453, to reserve your spot.
School Directory Information
This directory is provided by the Home and School Association in hopes of fostering the community between our family homes and our children’s school. As parents we have found this to be a useful tool to contact families for school purposes. This directory is ONLY to be used for school purposes, and permission is never given for solicitations or other business use. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Thank you to all families who submitted information for the school directory. The 2017-18 directory has been delivered to all those families for whom we have email addresses. If you are a guardian of a St. Patrick student and you did not receive a directory, then we do not have your email address. Please contact us, HSA, with your current email. If your information is not included in the directory, is incorrect, or needs revised, click on the link below. If we get enough submissions, we will issue a revised directory.
Feel free to contact HSA with any questions you may have.