Home and School Association (HSA)
WELCOME to the 2019-2020 school year at St. Patrick School! The Home and School Association looks forward to working with you to make a difference this 2019-2020 school year.
- May everyone stay as healthy as possible given our current state of COVID-19 propagation. We pray that we can all make the best of our time home together as we are patient with each other and adjust to a new way of doing school (and life). We will continue to communicate electronically (via the school web site, our Facebook page and with email) as any pertinent information becomes available. You are all in our prayers.
- Remember that you can place your online orders (click here) for our Spring Fundraiser – Malley’s Chocolate until Monday, April 6th! Thank you for your support and have a blessed Easter!
- Thanks to all who were able to join us for Mardi Gras social dance, dinner, and drinkson February 22, 2020. This is HSA’s largest fundraiser, and we really appreciated all your support!
- We had a fun time at our Free Family Social Skate Night on Sunday, February 9th at Kent State University Ice Rink.
- It was great to see everyone who was able to attend our first meeting of the year on September 19th, we really appreciate your support! If you missed the meeting, please review the minutes below.
- Thanks to everyone who made our fall candy bar sale a success and congratulations to 1-D and 4-G for being the top selling classes! As a thank you, you will be receiving ice cream. Thank you for all your support which helps HSA be able to help make your child’s Catholic education great.
- We were so glad to see so many of you enjoying a delicious rigatoni dinner and fellowship before heading over to the School Open House to see the amazing accomplishments of your children on October 9th.
- We were so happy so many were able to join us for our beginning of the school year church and school community Ice Cream Social and Games on September 8, 2019. Free ice cream, carnival games, corn hole and soccer were enjoyed as well as delicious refreshments compliments of the Knights of Columbus. A BIG special THANK YOU to all the volunteers (parents, guardians, faculty, Woman’s Group, and 7th and 8th grade students!) who made it possible.
- We were blessed with a sunny day to enjoy our social picnic (and thanks to all of those who supported our Dine-to-donate with Cane’s) as we celebrated school being out and a great school year completed, on Friday, May 31st.
- Thanks so much for helping make our Spring Fundraiser – Malley’s Chocolate a great success! We hope everyone had a blessed Easter.
- Uniform Sale – Recycle! Thanks for your donations (send in your cloths anytime with your children and drop them off in the school office) and thank you for supporting HSA by purchasing uniforms from our sale.
- Thank you for all who supported St. Pat’s with the Chipotle Dine n’ Donate on Apr. 15th!
- A great time was had at our Simply Signed Paint Night on Saturday, March 9.
- We were so happy to have all the students share their goodie with their special grownups at Goodies with Grownups on Thursday, March 21st and Friday, March 22nd.
- We had a great fun ice skating at Kent State Ice Skating Rink on Friday, February 22. It was so nice to see so many families and friends.
- Thank you for all who braved the cold and supported St. Pat’s with the Belleria Dine n’ Donate on Jan. 30th!
- HSA sponsored the Santa Shop, where your children spread the spirit of giving by purchasing gifts. This was held during school on December 13 and 14.
- All ages had a great time getting in the spirit of the season, drinking hot cocoa and taking home their own painted snowman, at Do You Want to Paint a Snowman? on Nov. 9th and Nov. 10th!
What is the HSA?
At St. Patrick school, the “Home and School Association” (HSA) has been the name of the group (much like the PTA at other schools) that provides fundraising to support the school and teachers’ needs, a venue for parents and teachers to discuss home-and-school ideas, and a group that strives to provide activities to build community between our homes, the school, and the parish.
Who is HSA?
YOU! The St. Patrick Home and School Association is a group made up of any St. Patrick school parents/guardians and the school’s teachers and faculty. We want to invite YOU to enrich your students’ school experience by participating and volunteering in any Home and School meetings, activities, and volunteer opportunities. This group provides you the opportunity to voice your concerns and opinions, share your talents, and to give encouragement.
PRESIDENT – Nezharie Conley/Jen Schaaf
VICE-PRESIDENT – Shannon Leavery
ASSISTANT VICE-PRESIDENT – Kimi Zifchak
COMMUNICATIONS & TECHNOLOGY COORDINATOR – Julie Jalics
SECRETARY – Katie Kozak
TREASURER – Casey Lindow
Calendar – Meetings and Events for 2019-2020
The Home and School Association meetings are several time a year, starting at 6:00 p.m. and finished before 7:00 p.m., usually in the Church Hall.
Meetings Minutes for 2019-2020
The meeting minutes from our meetings are listed below. We encourage you to take a look at them, especially if you were not able to join us, so you are informed of the many wonderful plans we have for our school:
Past Meetings Minutes for 2018-2019
Past Meetings Minutes for 2017-2018
What are our main fundraisers?
* Certificate Program * Candy Sales * Dine to Donate * Raffles * Socials *
What are some of the events supported by the HSA?
* St. Patrick School Directory * Classroom Startup Funds * Paint Nights * Snapology * Eighth Grade Graduation Gifts * English Festival * Ohio Music Education * Teacher/Staff Appreciation * Character Education * Class Trips * Rigatoni Dinner * Playground Improvements * Field Day Food * Goodies with Grownups * Ice Cream Social and Games * School Safety Programs * Extracurricular School Events * Catholic Schools Open House *
HSA Volunteer Opportunities
We need YOUR help to make St. Patrick’s a great school! There are many opportunities throughout the school year to help the school and HSA. Watch for information coming home with your student, on our Facebook page and in your email with details about how you can help with upcoming HSA events. Thank you for sharing your time, gifts and talents to enrich the St. Patrick School community!
**Note: The Diocese of Youngstown requires all volunteers coming into contact with students to attend a VIRTUS Child Protection in-service class. This will be offered on various dates in parishes throughout the diocese. Go to www.virtusonline.org and register online to find the available classes. You must pre-register for classes at St. Patrick’s by calling Linda Kavalec in the St. Patrick Religious Education Office at (330) 677-4453, to reserve your spot.
Be a Link in the (Prayer) Chain for Positive Change
“And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” – Matthew 21:22
The St. Patrick school prayer chain is a great way to build our school community by praying for the needs of those in our school and their families (of course, you need not be Catholic to participate). If you would like to have the honor of praying for these special intentions, or you have a prayer request (all requests will be considered confidential and anonymous unless otherwise noted) please email HSA. When a prayer request is received it will be confidentially passed along to those on the chain so that they can pray for it.
Please prayerfully consider participating.
“It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.”
School Directory Information
This directory is provided by the Home and School Association in hopes of fostering the community between our family homes and our children’s school. As parents we have found this to be a useful tool to contact families for school purposes. This directory is ONLY to be used for school purposes, and permission is never given for solicitations or other business use. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Please submit your information for the 2019-2020 school directory using the link below. If you are a guardian of a St. Patrick student and you have not given us your current email (if you are new to the school or if your email has changed) please be sure to enter your information or you will miss valuable HSA correspondences. The directory will be delivered to you electronically via email once responses have been turned in.
Feel free to contact HSA with any questions you may have.