Home and School Association (HSA)
Welcome to the 2021-22 school year at St Patrick’s! During this uncertain time, we are proud of our St Pat’s teachers, administrators, support staff and parents for the extra time and effort they put in to keep our school strong and our students healthy in both mind and body. We look forward to the coming year, and while there may be challenges, we look forward to meeting them with God’s love.
We encourage new parents and existing parents to be involved with the HSA in any way they can. Your support of HSA directly benefits your student and helps to foster a wonderful community of caring and love. Go to our Facebook page, St Patricks Home & School, to keep up with the latest news and activities. We also encourage parents to come to our open school meetings once every grading period to make suggestions and be involved in the decision making that directly benefits your student.
- Spring Calendar Raffle (April) – All money raised will go towards new doors for the school.
- Teacher Appreciation Week (week of 5/4/22)
- Dine to Donate 6/3/22 – Last day of school at Katie’s Korner Ice Cream
- Uniform Sale-first weekend of August (2021) – Recycle! Thank you for your donations! Please send in your clothes anytime with your children and drop them off in the school office.
- Fall Malley’s Candy Bar Sale 9/17-10/8/21 – Thank you for your support! We exceeded our goal of $3000!
- Farm Festival – week of 10/18/21 – Grades K-4 participated in fun events that teach them about the importance of farming their communities. This is part of the Physical Education program.
- Dine-to-Donate-10/13/21 at Belleria. Thank you to all the families that supported our school!
- Red Ribbon Week -10/25-10/29/21
- Fall Calendar Raffle (November) – every day of the month was a chance to win a gift card!
- Wreath Fundraiser with Knights of Columbus
- Catholic Schools Week (1/31-2/4/22)
- Breakfast with Santa 12/4/21
- HSA sponsored the Santa Shop, on 12/9/21. The kids had a great time shopping for their family and friends!
- Art Contest -Judging took place on 2/9 and winners were announced on 2/16. Congratulations to all of our very creative students!
- Jump-a-Thon/Hoops for Heart 2/10/22 – Thank you for your support of the American Heart Association! We raised close to $5000!
What is the HSA?
At St. Patrick school, the “Home and School Association” (HSA) has been the name of the group (much like the PTA at other schools) that provides fundraising to support the school and teachers’ needs, a venue for parents and teachers to discuss home-and-school ideas, and a group that strives to provide activities to build community between our homes, the school, and the parish.
Who is HSA?
YOU! The St. Patrick Home and School Association is a group made up of any St. Patrick school parents/guardians and the school’s teachers and faculty. We want to invite YOU to enrich your students’ school experience by participating and volunteering in any Home and School meetings, activities, and volunteer opportunities. This group provides you the opportunity to voice your concerns and opinions, share your talents, and to give encouragement.
PRESIDENT – Jennifer Schaaf
VICE-PRESIDENT – Stephanie Dever
COMMUNICATIONS & TECHNOLOGY COORDINATOR – Robin Hager
SECRETARY – Katie Kozak
TREASURER – Lauren Duncan
Meetings Minutes for 2019-2020
The meeting minutes from our meetings are listed below. We encourage you to take a look at them, especially if you were not able to join us, so you are informed of the many wonderful plans we have for our school:
Past Meetings Minutes for 2018-2019
Past Meetings Minutes for 2017-2018
What are our main fundraisers?
Candy Sales, Dine to Donate, Calendar Raffles, Socials
What are some of the events supported by the HSA?
* St. Patrick School Directory * Classroom Startup Funds * Paint Nights * Snapology * Eighth Grade Graduation Gifts * English Festival * Ohio Music Education * Teacher/Staff Appreciation * Character Education * Class Trips * Rigatoni Dinner * Playground Improvements * Field Day Food * Goodies with Grownups * Ice Cream Social and Games * School Safety Programs * Extracurricular School Events * Catholic Schools Open House *
HSA Volunteer Opportunities
We need YOUR help to make St. Patrick’s a great school! There are many opportunities throughout the school year to help the school and HSA. Watch for information coming home with your student, on our Facebook page and in your email with details about how you can help with upcoming HSA events. Thank you for sharing your time, gifts and talents to enrich the St. Patrick School community!
**Note: The Diocese of Youngstown requires all volunteers coming into contact with students to attend a VIRTUS Child Protection in-service class. This will be offered on various dates in parishes throughout the diocese. Go to www.virtusonline.org and register online to find the available classes. You must pre-register for classes at St. Patrick’s by calling Carol Wallington in the St. Patrick Religious Education Office at (330) 673-5849, to reserve your spot.
Be a Link in the (Prayer) Chain for Positive Change
“And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” – Matthew 21:22
The St. Patrick school prayer chain is a great way to build our school community by praying for the needs of those in our school and their families (of course, you need not be Catholic to participate). If you would like to have the honor of praying for these special intentions, or you have a prayer request (all requests will be considered confidential and anonymous unless otherwise noted) please email HSA. When a prayer request is received it will be confidentially passed along to those on the chain so that they can pray for it.
Please prayerfully consider participating.
“It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.”
School Directory Information
This directory is provided by the Home and School Association in hopes of fostering the community between our family homes and our children’s school. As parents we have found this to be a useful tool to contact families for school purposes. This directory is ONLY to be used for school purposes, and permission is never given for solicitations or other business use. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
If you are a guardian of a St. Patrick student and you have not given us your current email (if you are new to the school or if your email has changed) please be sure to email to HSA or you will miss valuable HSA correspondences. The directory will be delivered to you electronically via email once responses have been turned in.
Feel free to contact HSA with any questions you may have.