Home and School Association (HSA)
Welcome families to the 2018-2019 St. Patrick School year. The Home and School Association would like to invite you to join us in making a difference this school year.
- You don’t want to miss our next fun event, Do You Want to Paint a Snowman? The event is filled with community, laughs, painting raffle baskets, and a yummy hot cocoa bar and desserts. It will take place Friday, Nov. 9th for Grades 3-5 @ 7-9 pm, Saturday, Nov. 10th for Grades k-2 @ 1-3 pm, and Nov. 10th for Grades 6-8 @ 7-9 pm. in the Church Hall. (If you have children in more than one group, no problem, just pick whichever day/time works best.) Hurry because tickets ($20 for adults and $10 for each child) are only available for purchase through Friday, Nov. 2!
- We enjoyed a delicious Rigatoni Dinner together and saw all the wonderful things are children are learning at the Open House on Wednesday, October 3, 2018.
- Our first all school meeting of the year was on Thursday, September 13, at 6:30 pm in the Church Hall. It was so exciting to see so many new faces at the meeting! If you were unable to attend, please review our meeting minutes below.
- We were so glad that so many of you were able to join us our church and school community for fun and fellowship at our Ice Cream Social and Games on Sunday, August 26, 2018! Free ice cream was enjoyed by all! The kids and adults alike had fun playing the carnival games including a cake walk (thanks to the St. Pat’s Women’s Group, better luck next year Father Pentello) and Balloon Bender Dave as well as other entertainment, such as cornhole and raffles. Uniforms were also be available for sale. HSA was again grateful to the Knights of Columbus for providing the hot dogs with all proceeds benefiting the HSA. The water/lemonade stand profits benefit the 7/8th grade field trips. Thank you for your support!
What is the HSA?
At St. Patrick school, the “Home and School Association” (HSA) has been the name of the group (much like the PTA at other schools) that provides fundraising to support the school and teachers’ needs, a venue for parents and teachers to discuss home-and-school ideas, and a group that strives to provide activities to build community between our homes, the school, and the parish.
Who is HSA?
YOU! The St. Patrick Home and School Association is a group made up of any St. Patrick school parents/guardians and the school’s teachers and faculty. We want to invite YOU to enrich your students’ school experience by participating and volunteering in any Home and School meetings, activities, and volunteer opportunities. This group provides you the opportunity to voice your concerns and opinions, share your talents, and to give encouragement.
PRESIDENT – Emily Fox
VICE-PRESIDENT – Shannon Leavery
ASSISTANT VICE-PRESIDENT – Kimi Zifchak
COMMUNICATIONS & TECHNOLOGY COORDINATOR – Julie Jalics
SECRETARY – Nezharie Conley
TREASURER – Casey Lindow
Calendar – Meetings and Events for 2018-2019
The Home and School Association meetings are several time a year, starting at 6:30 p.m. and finished before 7:30 p.m., usually in the Church Hall.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Our next meeting will be next quarter. Date TBD
Meetings Minutes for 2018-2019
The meeting minutes from our meetings are listed below. We encourage you to take a look at them, especially if you were not able to join us, so you are informed of the many wonderful plans we have for our school:
Past Meetings Minutes for 2017-2018
What are our main fundraisers?
*Certificate Program * Candy Sales * Dine to Donate * Raffles * Socials *
What are some of the events supported by the HSA?
* St. Patrick School Directory * Classroom Startup Funds * Paint Nights * Snapology * Eighth Grade Graduation Gifts * English Festival * Ohio Music Education * Teacher/Staff Appreciation * Character Education * Class Trips * Rigatoni Dinner * Playground Improvements * Field Day Food * Goodies with Grownups * Ice Cream Social and Games * School Safety Programs * Extracurricular School Events * Catholic Schools Open House *
HSA Volunteer Opportunities
We need YOUR help to make St. Patrick’s a great school! There are many opportunities throughout the school year to help the school and HSA. Click on the link below to look through the form and discern how you can best share your gifts and talents to enrich the St. Patrick School community. Thank you for sharing your time! Someone will contact you with further information.
**Note: The Diocese of Youngstown requires all volunteers coming into contact with students to attend a VIRTUS Child Protection in-service class. This will be offered on various dates in parishes throughout the diocese. Go to www.virtusonline.org and register online to find the available classes. You must pre-register for classes at St. Patrick’s by calling Linda Kavalec in the St. Patrick Religious Education Office at (330) 677-4453, to reserve your spot.
Be a Link in the (Prayer) Chain for Positive Change
“And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” – Matthew 21:22
The St. Patrick school prayer chain is a great way to build our school community by praying for the needs of those in our school and their families (of course, you need not be Catholic to participate). If you would like to have the honor of praying for these special intentions, or you have a prayer request (all requests will be considered confidential and anonymous unless otherwise noted) please email HSA. When a prayer request is received it will be confidentially passed along to those on the chain so that they can pray for it.
Please prayerfully consider participating.
“It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.”
School Directory Information
This directory is provided by the Home and School Association in hopes of fostering the community between our family homes and our children’s school. As parents we have found this to be a useful tool to contact families for school purposes. This directory is ONLY to be used for school purposes, and permission is never given for solicitations or other business use. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Thank you to all families who submitted information for the school directory last year. If you are a guardian of a St. Patrick student and you have not given us your current email (if you are new to the school or if your email has changed) then please contact us, HSA, with your current email. The directory will be delivered to you electronically via email once responses have been turned in.
Feel free to contact HSA with any questions you may have.